Friday, October 15, 2004

" Dear Friend, IV ( The Light ) "

Dear Friend,

How's life?
It was so nice to receive your message.
Thanks a billion!

Well, you asked about " The Light ":

Imagine we have a room with nothing in it.
Not even air. Nothing.
And in the two opposite walls we have two identical holes. Precisely facing each other.
A ray of light enters the room from one and goes out from the other.
Well, what do you see in this room?
The law of physics (I don't know which!) says you can't see anything.
Nothing at all. Not even the light.
But if you hold your hand against the beam of light, then you can see your hand, but not yet the light.
We see by the light, but we never see the light itself.
We are even not aware of its presence most of the time. (Unless we lose it maybe.)
This idea is the essence of this poem.

In this poem, there is one adventure: " a child running home, seeking shelter from the rain " five outlooks and one message.
The first outlook belongs to the child.(I guess this one could be me. I have my own reasons!):
-I'm looking back,
over my shivering shoulder.
Watching the dancing trees,
running far far back.

The second outlook belongs to the mother or whoever is waiting for the child in the house:
-I'm looking on,
through cloudy eyes.
watching the dear soul,
running towards me.


The third one is the Earth:
-I'm looking up,
through the hovering dust.
Watching the hurried feet,
thumping on my face.


The forth is the sky:
-I'm looking down,
through the lights and thunders.
Watching the frightened child,
seeking shelter from the rain.


And the last one belongs to the real one. The main one. The one.:
-I am the light,
shining through the bits of this world.
Watching the pulsating being,
making everyone able to see.


And at last comes the message:
The only thing I can't figure:
Why can't ever,
- anyhow, anywhere, -
anyone see me?
Oh ! Never !


Now rises the question "Who is the light? The One?"
Well, for each person it could be someone or something different.
For one it could be "Love" and for another could be "Hope".
It could be "Beauty", "Knowledge" or any other thing.
For me it is "God".

But as for " Faith ", well that's a whole separate story and it needs much elaboration.
I think we should talk about it some other time.
Tell me if you are interested.

But before everything you should tell me what you think yourself.(Not what others say. Just what you yourself believe.)
And the questions you have. Any kind.
I'll be so happy to be of any help. (Not that I am much of a wise guy or something. Only I have had experiences of my own.)

Please keep in touch.
I am waiting impatiently.
Best Wishes,
Ali

No comments: